August 23, 2010

Weekend, Dream, & New Drawings

Weekend

I had a nice weekend. I went with my bro to see the new movie Lottery Ticket with Bow Wow, Brandon T. Jackson, Ice Cube, and Loretta Devine in it, and I must say I was rather disappointed and wouldn't recommend others to see it. I wanted to walk out and ask for my money back within the first fifteen minutes probably. And it was very predictable, the acting was weak and the storyline was cartoony, even for a comedy. I got a few Cheap laughs in though, so at least it was worth a little of something. The way the story moved along didn't even make sense and it was just awful, I was so glad when it ended. Aside from that, I visited a few family members, and talked with them about stuff going on right now. Blah blah.

Dream – 8.23.10

Last night I had a weird weird dream, and the weirdest thing about it is, it was like several dreams in one. And I don't mean those weird transitions to one place to another, I mean it was like one dream happened and then something totally different was happening, and on and on, and it's also strange, because now I don't really remember any of it. Egh. I know it had something Satanic in it, like the church of Satan or whatever, but I don’t even feel like delving into it.

 

New Drawings

Now onward to art. I’m working on two new drawings right now. Two that I’m focusing most attention on. One is a PORTRAIT of a Youtuber “Onlyoneofme7” aka: “only” and I get kind of randomly inspired, so I guess that’s part of the reason I’m drawing him. I don’t draw people based on who I like, who is popular, who is sexy or good-looking, no, I draw from what inspires me, that could be someone I DON’T like, or someone I LOVE or someone that I simply took a picture of the day before. They can be pretty, unpretty or whatever. That’s kind of how I work (right now). So I was watching one of his videos one night and just wanted to draw him. For his, I’m going to use two styles in one drawing, where one half will be in “sketch” form and the other in “detailed” form. Just for a little contrast. Haven’t done it before. I find myself really trying to challenge myself lately.

 

ONLY1WIP

 

Next is a SCENE drawing of one of my original characters from a story of mine. A dear story. And this one is particularly tricky because I am doing the more important parts of it from imagination, and I don’t often draw from imagination, but mostly from reference. It’s easier for many artists that I know, including myself. So like I said I’m challenging myself these days. I stayed up a loooonngg time this morning starting it and getting the part done that I have so far. But I was determined to at least get some of the basics done.

 

WIPCLEU2

No comments: